Marcia Cox, B.Sc.
Case Manager, Vocational Specialist
- Vocational Counseling
- Case Management Services
- Vocational Plan Development
- Job Analyses
- Direct Job Placement Services
- Vocational Testing
- Transferable Skills analyses
- Residual Wage Earning Capacity Evaluation
- Provided vocational planning assistance to adult disabled population within a five county region
- Purpose of plans were to assist clients in locating employment
- Conduct job seeking skills class, job development, follow-up services with employers or training facilities
- Monitored and charted progress and provided feedback to appropriate referral sources
- Special Assignments: Mary Free Bed Hospital, Kent Intermediate School District, Homebound Craft Program.
- Program counselor for a county funded sheltered workshop for adult developmentally disabled
- Assistance with adapting to workshop environment, public transportation, time studies
- Program evaluator and counselor for a county funded sheltered workshop which offered employment and day activities to adult developmentally disabled
- Provided assistance with developing social skills, job adaptations, job placement
- Performed time studies on work for bidding purposes. Provided public transportation training
- Monitored program and provided feedback to referral agencies, guardians, and Federal government.
- Employment counselor for federally funded work program for disadvantaged clients
- Developed training plans, monitored and charted progress, matched clients to work sites, handled problems that occurred and terminations
- Assisted with job placement activities, screened clients for Job Corps. Employment Interviewer
- Vocational counseling utilizing achievement and aptitude test results
- Referred clients to appropriate job leads
MIAMI UNIVERSITY - Oxford, Ohio
Bachelor of Science
Graduate Classes: Ohio State University, Michigan State University
* Yearly continuing education required to stay current in rehabilitation field.